The Office for Catholic Schools has coordinated a tuition policy to be utilized by the Catholic schools within the Diocese of Greensburg. This policy has been established to ensure that the tuition procedures and guidelines are consistent and fair among families with children attending Catholic schools within the Diocese. This policy has been implemented though the Office for Catholic Schools, under the approval of the Superintendent of Catholic Schools. The Office for Catholic Schools reserves the right to adjust this policy and coinciding procedures as deemed necessary.
The applicable school administration works with the Office for Catholic Schools to establish a tuition rate that is representative of the school budget needs. The tuition rate is also a product of the communities and families that we serve. Tuition is not the only revenue source to fund the Catholic school education. The school revenues also include Diocesan contributions, Parish supported financial aid, business partnerships and local fundraising.
Tuition Planning and Payment Schedule
Schools establish and announce their tuition rate for the following school year. Tuition rates are established based on budgetary needs and enrollment.
- End of January – beginning of February – Catholic schools open their application process for the upcoming school year and FACTS application forms are available for parents/guardians to submit for financial aid. Parents/guardians have until March 15 to submit their FACTS application forms without a fee.
- End of May – Once parents/guardians have completed their financial aid (FACTS) application process and this information has been verified, tuition award letters are disseminated by the school to parents/guardians noting the tuition amount with any scholarships and financial aid awards.
- June 30 – Last date for returning families to apply for financial aid. New families apply for financial aid upon enrollment.
- July 10 – Last date for returning the Tuition Payment Contract. No financial aid or admission is guaranteed following this date.
All tuition payments are managed through FACTS Tuition Managment System. Families can set up their FACTS Tuition Management accounts choosing the option for payment.
Options for payment:
- One payment by July 20 of the upcoming school year. There is no fee for this option.
- Two equal payments – First payment due by July 20 of the upcoming school year and the second payment due by January 20 of the current school year. The school pays the fee for this option.
- Quarterly or monthly payment plan on FACTS that will bring the balance to zero by June 30 or earlier of the school year completed in June. A fee is paid by the family.
- Any of the above options, but paid through a credit card if available. If a credit card payment method is chosen, an additional service fee may be charged, and this service fee will be announced on an annual basis.
- No cash will be accepted for payment.
- A combination of the above options approved by school administration.
- The chosen method for payment must be indicated on the Tuition Payment Agreement, and signed and returned by the parents/guardians.
If a hardship may exist, the parents/guardians may ask for a meeting with the school administration to request an adjustment to the amount of tuition to be paid. Such a request is approved on a case by case basis by an administrative review team or school administration.
Tuition Payment in Default
If a payment is not made, for whatever reason, the following process will be followed:
a) The parents/guardians will be notified in writing of the payment not being received.
b) The parents/guardians will be given 20 calendar days to bring the account to current status or meet with school administration to have an adjusted payment contract approved (not a guarantee).
c) If the account is not brought to current status, and an adjusted payment contract is not agreed upon and approved by school administration, the student enrollment will cease after the 20th day.
Transfer of Students with Past Balance
No students will be accepted at any Catholic school within the Diocese of Greensburg if they are carrying a past due balance from any other Catholic school within the Diocese of Greensburg.